Mediaspa is looking for a Shopify developer to help build and maintain various Shopify Plus ecommerce applications for our fast growing roster of Shopify clients. Working with our team of account managers, project managers, designers, and QA analysts, you’ll be responsible for specifying new application builds, creating new pages, new templates, new features, and assisting in configuring Shopify. From discovery through launch and maintenance, you’ll be asked to work with our team to define and estimate project scope, and then implement front-end themes and interactivity and back-end functionality. You’d be joining a team that is absolutely peaking at the moment, regularly delivering high quality work on time and on budget for a growing list of incredible clients.
As a member of the ‘spa, you’ll be expected to help grow our merchant’s business at each step, considering how to automate operations, increase conversions, and otherwise drive value to our clients. This role requires an individual who can collaborate effectively with team members, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and get excited about growing (and sharing) their ecommerce expertise daily.
At mediaspa we believe in delivering best-in-the-world ecommerce expertise, and we do so using cutting edge ecommerce applications and world class people. Our clients are some of the nation’s most exciting brands in fashion, technology, and consumer packaged goods.
- At least 2 years web development experience
- At least 1 year experience working with the Shopify platform.
- General experience building, launching, and maintaining Shopify stores, as well as general knowledge of the admin system.
- Experience with Shopify’s theming system and Liquid templating.
- Experience with CSS pre and post-processors–specifically SASS.
- Experience with implementing/debugging 3rd party Shopify apps as well as creating custom solutions
- Thorough understanding of Git and workflow processes (e.g. GitFlow).
- Experience with Shopify’s object/properties, AJAX API, and Metafields.
- Thorough testing and debugging skills with browser console and external tools.
- Experience developing for responsive layouts for desktop, tablet, and mobile.
- Experience working with 3rd party services and APIs, specifically plugins for Shopify.
- Experience with build tools such as webpack and rollup.
- Experience with dependency management tools (NPM, Browserify, RequireJS, etc).
- Previous agency experience is a plus
- Experience implementing and working with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager is a plus
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance benefits with optional 401k plan
- Opportunities to work from home
- Free Friday Lunches
- Regular company outings (e.g. escape the room, karaoke, paint ball, etc.)
- A tiny and very friendly, office dog
- A slightly silly amount of snacks and beverages
- Really good people!