Magento Tech Lead
Employment Status: Full-time
Location: White Plains, NY (partial remote possible)
Salary: Based on experience
mediaspa is an award-winning ecommerce agency focused on strategy, design, development, and optimization of ecommerce experiences, specializing in Magento and Shopify Plus. Post launch, we deliver Strategic Support focused on growing merchants with our slate of services. We are fun-loving, hardworking, and consistently expanding our headcount and capabilities. Notable clients include Nespresso, Formlabs, Arizona Iced Tea, and Nine West.
We’re looking for an important member of the team to provide technical leadership to our Magento projects. This individual will contribute to our process from pre-sales, development, launch and through to Strategic Support. The primary role is to ensure we keep things moving, whether devising solutions to meet requirements of client prospects, knowing when to rely on code developed for other projects, unblocking project teams or, most importantly, stopping a blocker before it occurs.
- Strong understanding of the Magento System Architecture, Design, Theming, Functionality Enhancements, and Configuration. Magento certifications are a plus.
- Experience using PHP to create and consume web services (SOAP, XML-RPC) and/or other experience implementing data integrations within the Magento platform
- Strong experience with MYSQL DB
- Strong HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, JSON skills & solid programming background in PHP for implementing web technologies
- Experience developing sophisticated front-end applications and solving cross-browser, cross-platform, cross-mobile UI issues
- Understanding of SEO and Accessibility compliance on applications
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Willingness to mentor and lead development initiatives
- Experience in building reusable components for multiple projects
- Ability to work with the PMO to help prioritize projects and ensure we have the right mix of skills to effectively deliver on project commitments
- Understanding of deployment processes and build tools like web pack, grunt, gulp, etc.
- Medical benefits, dental, life insurance benefits with optional 401k plan
- Opportunities to work from home
- Friday Lunches
- Snacks and beverages
- Regular company outings
- Friendly office dogs
- Really good people!